Accountant/ Bookkeeper - Greater New York City Area
Secco Squared is looking for an exceptional bookkeeper/staff accountant to join our growing team. The person in this role will work directly with the CFO and interface with the rest of our team and clients. The ideal candidate would be someone who can take ownership of projects, work with minimal supervision and has the ability to identify and solve issues before they arise.
You will be successful in this position if you are smart, good with numbers, and comfortable in an environment where you must manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and stay organized.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Work directly with advertisers to collect monthly reporting statistics and create relevant invoices in multiple currencies
- Manage and maintain monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Develop systems to streamline fiscal operations
- Work with CFO to evaluate risks and appropriate credit limits for each new client
- Create analytical reports for sales team – including weekly accounts receivable reports, performance reporting for sales team’s campaigns to help manage profitability
- Work with internal team to keep up-to-date of any changes that affect invoicing
- Manage and closely monitor accounts payable and accounts receivable; follow up with clients as necessary
- Accurate and timely entry of transactions into QuickBooks
- Create monthly and year over year financial models
- Provide status updates at weekly team meetings
- Performing ad hoc projects as assigned and other responsibilities as needed
- MUST BE DETAIL ORIENTED AND ORGANIZED
- 4 year college degree or more (accounting major a plus)
- Comfort with quantitative analysis and problem solving
- Excellent PC skills, including expertise with QuickBooks, MS Excel and Word
- Impeccable accuracy and a strong work ethic
- Enthusiastic, self-starter capable of thriving in a fast-paced startup environment
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively by managing projects with competing priorities with tight deadlines
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player within a highly innovative team environment
About Secco Squared
Secco Squared is a digital marketing company focused on assisting our clients with user acquisition via web, social and mobile products. Our seasoned media team has extensive experience in the Internet marketing industry and has worked hard to develop relationships with companies to market products around the world.
We are a team of innovative, high-energy and hard working professionals. We are looking to add people to our team who are self-starters, motivated, have an entrepreneurial mindset and are driven to success. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you will learn new things all the time and are interested in getting in on the ground floor of a young company, Secco Squared is the place for you! Our offices are located in midtown Manhattan and are easily accessible by public transportation.
Be a part of a rapidly growing company with a highly innovative team environment: Secco Squared is a great place to work. Employees enjoy competitive salaries & benefits and a casual work environment.
If interested please send resume and cover letter to Sherri Balsam at [email protected]